Bossard Speed Rivets are pre-loaded on a one way mandrel, ready for introduction into the nose of the riveting machine allowing you to continuously fasten up to 70 rivets per minute.
Designed for a rapid and blind-sided installation, Speed Rivets are ideal for fastening different materials and thicknesses (metals, plastics, composites, fibreglass and electronic components) for different applications such as:
- Electronic applicatons
- Sheet metal applications
- Vehicle construction
- Electric components
- Household appliances
- Metal cabinets
Quality and security
- Tool actuation pulls the mandrel through the rivet, expanding it within the hole, providing high clamping capability and secure joints.
- The mandrel being disposable, it allows rigorous and fully homogeneous clamping of all rivets (controlled wear and tear of the mandrel head used for the rivet expansion).
- No risk of corrosion due to the presence of a steel mandrel in the rivet body.
- No risk of losing the residual mandrel when the application is subjected to vibrations. Ideal for electronic applications.
- Because the rivets are held captive in the riveting tool, they can not be dropped onto the floor or into the application.
The installation tools for speed rivets have been designed for medium and high volume applications. They can be pneumatic or hydro-pneumatic, standard or custom-made to suit your assembly requirements. From handheld tools to multiheaded modular workstations, all our setting tools can be equipped with a process control system ensuring your rivets have been properly set.