Customer Service Officer Job Description
Title Customer Service Officer
Reporting Sales Manager
Location Bossard Singapore
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Works closely with the Key Account Manager or Sales Team Leader in developing new accounts and maintains relationship with existing accounts
- Processes customer request, order, plan, schedule deliveries and prepare shipping documentations
- Attend to customer enquiries/complaints/feedback and liaise with Sales for follow up
- Provide effective communication and co-ordination between Sales and Customers
- Receives and facilitates customer concerns and initiates any internal action that may be required.
- Supports the sales managers and executives in sales follow-up, expedite orders and deliveries and perform duties as entailed in such functions to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the sales and logistics supports of the company
- Ensure all risk buy are authorized by Management
- Liaise with Warehouse Department for outgoing deliveries to customers
- Prepare and issue work orders to Warehouse for assembly and packaging work
- Assist Sales to update and manage customers' project
- Follow up with Procurement/Purchasing for First Article samples
- Liaise with QA Department for First Article Reports
- Play a pro-active approach in handling customers' needs
- Ensures customer satisfaction including prompt dealing with customer requirements
- Performs all duties within the sales and customer service functions to attend to the customers’ service needs in the Bossard manner.
- Prepare quotations to customers and follow-up on its result
- AR Management – reviews customer credit payment and to take prompt effort to ensure no overdue
- To control internal and external quality documents to ensure its validity
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work with new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty – Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of customer relations experience is preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedures manuals and contracts. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively before groups or customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook/Email, and Power point