Expert Assortment Analysis – Reduce total cost of ownership
Fewer different fasteners in one product amount to reduced costs. Rationalizing fasteners and streamlining the bill of materials (BOM) therefore results in high cost saving potential.
Only 15% of the total cost of using a fastener originates from the fastener itself. The other 85% comes from procurement, logistics, assembly preparation and other activities. This fact makes the rationalization of c-parts crucial for your product's total cost of ownership.
Bossard Assortment Analysis helps you to streamline your fastener assortment and add clear rules for preferred types of fasteners, materials, recess types, etc. Get more information on the 15/85 rule
With Bossard Expert Assortment Analysis you profit from measurable and manifold benefits:
Elimination of unnecessary elements: Look for similarities where substitution is possible. Make your production lean.
Reduction of complexity in purchasing, warehouse and assembly: Define your assortment to pick from.
Higher Productivity: Using Bossard Expert Assortment Analysis has a significant effect on your overall productivity. Get in touch to find out how.
For an effective optimization Bossard offers different service packages:
Bill of Materials Analysis
A systematic on-site analysis of the entire production line. Investigating the assembly technology, which includes the fastening elements, the assembly processes and the tooling.
Cost saving estimation based on TCO principle
Advanced: Basic services plus
Possible technical improvements will be verified. Development of proposals for new and proven solutions. A detailed technical report shows the observation.
Presentation of Proposals
Proposal with results is presented in report and presentation. Providing of physical samples.
Superior: Basic and advanced services plus
Setting up of project team and prioritization
Lead R&D engineering team during implementation phase of proposals