Summary: This employee will be responsible for implementing new technologies, performing analysis, upgrades, maintenance, documentation and technical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server environments (including Active Directory, Exchange), Citrix Metaframe and Cisco Router environments.
- Perform system administration and network administration duties including routine system backups, mitigation, identification and troubleshooting of system issues, network asset management, scheduled and critical updates, OS and firmware updates, performance tuning, and change implementation.
- Experience with UNIX and LINUX.
- VMware virtualization system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, but not limited to, following: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, IIS, LAN and WAN technologies, MPLS, WiFi, etc.
- Experience with networking, wireless, firewalls, security, anti-virus, remote access, user management and backup.
- System monitoring, alerting, problem logging, and coordinating tasks effectively to troubleshoot issues for prompt resolution.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards the completion of goals.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Follow -up– establishing procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments, or projects; taking into consideration the skills, knowledge and experience of the assigned individual and characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Computer science degree or equivalent, plus 2-4 years’ prior work experience in a similar environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Qualiware home to internal processes
- Employee Self Serve (ESS)
- Excel, Word
- VOIP experience is a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- MCSE and A+, CCNA, CCNP, CCEA, CNA huge plus
Must be able to travel 25% of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613